The Cumberland County Food Security Council's mission is to initiate and facilitate collaborative action toward a just, resilient, and sustainable food system that ensures equitable access for all people to enough healthy food.
- Everyone can access nourishing and culturally appropriate food at all times.
- Everyone has the knowledge and resources to obtain and consume foods that support their health and happiness.
- Everyone has the opportunity to take an active role in building a just, resilient, and sustainable food system.
- Each child appreciates nutritious food and its role in fueling play, learning, and growth.
- Each elder thrives through strong community connections and access to nutritious food they can enjoy.
- All people have equal value.
- Adequate, nutritious food is a human right.
- Collaborative efforts are more powerful than those undertaken by individuals or single organizations.
- We all have a role in articulating the problem and identifying potential solutions to hunger.
- We trust, believe, and center the voices and needs of people experiencing food insecurity.
- Long-term solutions to hunger must address climate change and the root causes of racial, economic, and environmental injustice.
- Together, we can end hunger.